trying to reinstall anonsurf

I accidently deleted anonsurf and do not know how to install it back. I have been using linux for very a short time and hope

1 Like

Please try sudo apt install anonsurf-cli for cli or anonsurf-gtk for the gtk. Any of these packages will install anonsurf core package.

2 Likes

If you have the computing problem, you should give Whonix a shot in a virtual machine. IMO, much more secure than anonsurf, which has been spotty.

You can also just use the gateway and output to a VM OS so itā€™s ā€œtorrifiedā€.

For the truly paranoid, you can always just boot a new instance of Whonix GW and end up with a new entry/guard node everytime.

Did you go into synaptic package manager and look for it in there? You should have an option in there to completely re install it or to completely remove it :slight_smile:

If that doesnā€™t work please let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Daxter94X Thanks for reminding me. Yes, you should use Synaptic Manager. Also make sure you mark ā€œCompletely Removeā€ the file. If using CLI, make sure its sudo apt purge XXXX.

The thing Iā€™ve noticed about anonsurf is its also loosely tied into Tor Browser Launcher. It is possible that there are still some files lingering around that wonā€™t let you completely reinstall.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome buddy! Itā€™s just so much easier using synaptic haha Iā€™m an experienced terminal user and Iā€™d still rather use synaptic lol.

And yes youā€™re right. I actually had problems with Tor itself it would not load I had to install it from the actual website for it to actually work. And then Anonsurf finally started working for me.

If you have any other issues Iā€™d love to help :slight_smile:

Thanks for the mention!!. And yes completely remove to get rid of all the catch files and what not :slight_smile:

Do you know what is differences of apt and apt-get?

yes i do why?

thank you all guys, i have been away from my pc for couple of days. now im back and will try again and follow your advices thx u all

1 Like

You are a stress reliever!!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.