Unable to move window while using VM

(j0nzy) #1

Briefly describe your issue below:
When I open a VM in virtualbox [ VirtualBox Graphical User Interface Version 6.0.6_Debian r129722] it locks to my 2nd monitor and will not move. I can maximize the window, or minimize it, but I can’t move it. When I open MATETweak to adjust window manager, it suddenly lets me move the window. When MATETweak is closed, it stops letting me move the window. Any suggestions?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

Parrot Security 4.6 - Linux parrot 4.19.0-parrot4-28t-amd64 #1 SMP Parrot 4.19.28-2parrot4.28t (2019-04-18) x86_64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Boot - Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No other systems on boot drive

(Matt) #2

It happens because virtualbox is capturing your mouse and keyboard inputs when you hover your mouse over the window.

So when hovering your mouse over the virtualbox window press right ctrl, then you can drag the window about.

(j0nzy) #3

Well, son-of-a-bird - that worked. Thank you KidKlown! We’ll chalk that up to the new-parrotUser-blues. That’s a new one for me (I’m used to running other Debian’s but have never ran across this [i’ve used the host key loads of times] but didn’t suspect it this time due to being “outside the window” – or at least it never was an issue in other builds! Long story short, problem solved, thank you again… and closed.

1 Like
(dmknght) #4

It is a little new from Virtualbox I believe. I can move virtualbox windows in older versions.

(system) closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.