Uninstall Firefox extensions (PriBadger, NoScript)

Briefly describe your issue below:
I want to uninstall the pre-installed Firefox extensions such as Privacy Badger and NoScript as I need to run different and conflicting extensions. It seems these extensions can’t be installed (and this is a really poor decision by whoever is responsible for including it in this way!)

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.7 amd64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
I get tons of errors about scripts not being loaded properly EVEN if I deactivate the extensions. A cleanly installed Firefox on Debian Buster does NOT have these issues!

1 Like

Same here. I must delete NoScript everytime because the Version Parrot uses is not the newest and its buggy compared with the classic noscript. You must delete the extension in the firefox paths but before that you should look how your extension is saved as. Just go to about:support and look under Extensions.

/usr/lib/firefox/browser/extensions
/usr/lib/firefox/browser/browser-extension-data
/home/username/.mozilla/firefox/xk1uxyq9.Parrot
/home/username/.mozilla/firefox/xk1uxyq9.Parrot/extensions

I would simply run firefox unsandboxed.
Or am i wrong?

/usr/bin/firefox

remove the extersions you dont need and close firefox.

never tried but I couldnt remove noscript on multiple devices with different parrot versions. I think it still the same with 4.7

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.