Uninstalled System Settings now I can't get it back

Briefly describe your issue below:

I wanted to set a default language. I went to system settings and the Regional tab where I updated my language to English. After a restart I noticed the settings did not apply so I went back to system settings and when I clicked the regional tab the app would crash. After many hours of struggling to find another way to set default language I uninstalled system settings in Discovery app, restarted and it wasn’t there to re-install.

Originally I was trying to install Lutris however it required a system wide default language.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

Kde Plasma Ver: 5.17.5
Kde Framework: 5.70.0
Qt Ver: 5.12.5
Kernel: 5.5.0-1parrot1-amd64

intel i7-8700
15.6 Gb Ram

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Not Sure I didnt install it…

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

Yes duel boot win 10

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

no

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Only error message was system Settings crashed.

Are you sure you deleted it, and not just loose the shortcut, or changed the menu items? Try opening Konsole, then type

systemsettings5

If its there you just need to maybe fix the desktop file (/usr/share/applications) or your menu.

You can reinstall system settings from command line or go to the synaptics package manager, search of systemsettings - all one word, should say in description that is part of KDE

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.