Update commands ?

Hello everyone i recently did a full upgrade to Parrot OS with the latest version since my last one crashed for some reason on my VM. So i downloaded and started all over again and made sure all my content is up to date and so on. But my problem now is SQLMap and Commix the issue with these tools is to see if they are updated and working properly. For some reason i open up Commix, and it says…

.7.x.
__
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ /_\ __ _
/___\ / __\ /’ __\ /’ __/\ \ /\ /’\ v3.2-stable
/\ _//\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ \ \ \/> </
\ _
\ _
/\ _\ _\ _\ _\ _\ _\ _/_/_\ https://commixproject.com
/
/// ////////////////// (@commixproject)

±-
Automated All-in-One OS Command Injection Exploitation Tool
Copyright © 2014-2021 Anastasios Stasinopoulos (@ancst)
±-

(!) Legal disclaimer: Usage of commix for attacking targets without prior mutual consent is illegal. It is the end user’s responsibility to obey all applicable local, state and federal laws. Developers assume no liability and are not responsible for any misuse or damage caused by this program.

[warning] You haven’t updated commix for more than 32 days!
[critical] Missing a mandatory option (-u, -l, -m, -r, -x, --wizard, --list-tampers, --purge or --dependencies). Use -h for help.

┌─[root@parrot]─[/home/user]
└──╼ #

So i attempt to update to go on the latest updates on GitHub and git clone and attempt that and for some reason it does not work. So is there a right way to update my Commix tool so i can use it to find OS Command Injections, thank you.

Now my next issue is SQLmap its updated i believe and for some reason when i test on DVWA Damn Vulnerable Web Application. It does not produce any of the --tables or --dump functions even when the security level is on low for example. Does this mean my tool does not work or does it need to be updated if so any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.