Upgrad Error for IPTables

Briefly describe your issue below:

Error upgrading from new installation of Parrot 4.3. Maybe I just need to get some new dvds and download the new ISO?

Setting up libvlc-bin:amd64 (3.0.4-3+b3) …
Setting up iptables (1.8.2-2) …
update-alternatives: warning: forcing reinstallation of alternative /usr/sbin/iptables-nft because link group iptables is broken
update-alternatives: warning: forcing reinstallation of alternative /usr/sbin/ip6tables-nft because link group ip6tables is broken
update-alternatives: warning: forcing reinstallation of alternative /usr/sbin/arptables-nft because link group arptables is broken
update-alternatives: warning: forcing reinstallation of alternative /usr/sbin/ebtables-nft because link group ebtables is broken
Setting up libhtml-parser-perl (3.72-3+b3) …

What version of Parrot are you running? (version 4.4, Home edition, AMDx84 architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian GTK )

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

(Matt) #2

They are only warnings, so i wouldn’t worry.

But i would recommend using the newest ISO when you install the system.

(Nico Paul) #3

Yes this is old, use 4.4

Installed and running newly downloaded 4.4. Same issues. Still updated 90 packages, still have the gtk3 error, but only 4 of them this time. Been looking at a couple of packages. There is no GTK3.pm that I can find. But the(appmenu-gtk3-module—GtkMenuShell D-Bus exporter (GTK+3.0)) and the (libatk-adaptor—AT-SPI 2 toolkit bridge) descriptions sound like they might also address my anonsurf problem. But I have no science on that assumption.

(Nico Paul) #5

Give them a go, the only way to learn your system is by breaking it a few handfuls of times and learning how you did it and how not to avoid it in the future. Definitely need some perl modules though