Hi people
I Installed Dual Boot
Windows and Parrot
but when i start like normal
I cant select the boot
And i cant see the grub menu
someone can help me
My Original OS is windows 10
After starting the pc the screen goes gray for about 10 seconds and after that it only starts windows, and the GRUB menu does not appear

I want to use the Parrot Os :c

hello.
when installing parrot did you deactivate secureboot and fastboot?

Well, just some hours ago, I did a fresh install of Parrot OS (v4.8) with Dual Boot System alongside Windows. Everything went fine, even grub loader got booted and currently using the OS.

Given your post, have you installed GRUB in the same partition as your hard drive? You might have installed the GRUB on the bootable media through which you installed ParrotOS.
Another reason maybe, you have deactivated or disabled Secureboot (need to enable if you installed on the UEFI system)

1 Like

or he may have installed grub in parrot partition

Yes
all that things.

Yeah, that also may be the cause.

Has your problem been fixed?

No :frowning:

Well for the moment, we can try some options.

1. Grub/ Boot-repair
  2. Once try setting grub as default bootloader

For setting grub as default, open Windows then Command Prompt as administrator and put the command below:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\debian\grubx64.efi

If this did not work, you can go to default by applying the commands below

bcdedit /deletevalue {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi

or

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi

Well another option might be setting the correct root partition.
For that
Get a Live USB stick.
Open terminal after booting up into the live desktop.
Mount the root partition by typing /mnt and boot to /mnt/boot and hit enter.
[e.g. sudo grub-install –root-directory=/mnt –boot-directory=/mnt/boot /dev/sda]

You should replace /dev/sda with correct partition or disk. Now update grub by typing sudo update-grub.

Check if these works or not.

Another final option might be using windows bootloader, then booting into linux and then fixing the issues.
For that, open Windows then open Command Prompt as administrator. Then do the following commands serially.

1. bootrec /fixboot
  2. bootrec /fixmbr

Well, do try these methods.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.