Well done with Parrot 5.0 but Freezing issue KDE

Have been running Parrot os`s from 4.3 with little or no problems but all on laptops. Having installed OS 5.0 but built on the Architect Edition to a desk top , i had no issues with installation setting up a VPN and it was all amazing with KDE, but after an hour the whole system freezes , i have no response from mouse or ctrl/alt/esc and have to shutdown. CPU was at 6% load
Although i have never needed to view the syslog file there isnt one in the var/lod directory, where would i find this?
after rebooting i had lost my internet , i had been using Anonsurf but needed to reset the DNS manually is this just another glitch?

Operating System: Parrot OS 5.0
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.16.0-12parrot1-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 16 × Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-1680 v2 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: 31.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVE6

Well done

Update ,
reinstalled as Secuirty mate edition that works fine , its only with the overlay of kde it freezes. it always happens when using the mouse , i am still using the Nouveau drivers rather than Nvidia as have issues installing them cpu and memory always below 10%
found the jouranlctll log but where a freeze has happened it is at a point of which the journal list “skipping”

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.