Processors

• x86_64 (64bit, not to include IA-64)

Hardware we know it works on:

• Purism systems
  • System76 systems
  • Dell XPS (most systems)
  • Lenovo (Most Systems)
  • Lenovo IdeaPad S340
  • Lenovo IdeaPad 510 (needs modprobe thinkpad-acpi)
  • Lenovo 470 and T-480
  • Lenovo X200 Thinkpad

Peripherals

• WiFi - TP-Link TL-WN722N v1
  • WiFi - Panda Pau09 N600
  • WiFi - Alfa AWUS036NHA
  • WiFi - Alfa AWUSO36NH
  • WiFi - Qualcomm Atheros QCA9337
  • WiFi - Ralink RT3070 Chipset
  • WiFi - AboCom Systems Inc Mini Wireless LAN USB2.0 Adapter (driver: rt2800usb)

(Most devices which work with Debian will work with Parrot. If your device works well please list it so we can add it to our docs)

Software

Firmware

• Most BIOS/UEFI
  • Coreboot/SeaBIOS

Virtual Machine Emulators

• Docker
  • QEMU
  • VirtualBox
  • KVM

Other

• Netinstall
  • Snap
  • Flatpak
  • Wine
  • HiDPi (part of MATE)
  • KDE
  • Xfce4
  • Dual boot with other systems

Functions enabled by default.

• Firejail
  • AppArmor
  • uBlock Origin
  • Noscript
  • Privacy Badger

Functions disabled by default.

• automount

Experimental

Processors

Hardware overall

• Raspberry Pi 2 & 3
  • Orange Pi PC
  • Orange Pi Nano
  • Pine64 (Rock64, Pinebook, Sopine)

Not Supported

• Mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad, Tablet, etc)
  • Chromebooks (sometimes it will work but huge hit or miss depending on the manufacturer)
  • Most IOT devices (e.g. Arduino)
  • gnome software (in general)
  • All other Architectures not listed.
  • VMware (proprietary and not guaranteed to work as it depends on what linux kernel you have)
  • Secure boot
  • Intel Optane See here for more info.
    (tl;dr it is built for Windows only)

Note: Want something not listed? Help us make it happen here

Want to learn? Check out our library
Parrot Open Books
And other resources
Debian Documentation
Debian Handbook
Edx
Bash Academy
C & C++ Documentation

5 Likes

You can add the Tongfang GK5CN6Z http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/tongfang-gk5cn5z-and-tongfang-gk5cn6z.815943/ to the supported hardware list. As you can see this device deserves an own subreddit. boot param: acpi_osi=! acpi_osi=‘Windows 2009’
Touchpad was fixed in Kernel 4.18.15, still you need to compile a custom kernel with pinctrl-cannonlake module enabled. This will fix the Touchpad and give you better performance overall.
I still haven’t manage to get optimus to work at all, neither bumblebee nor the next-gpu.sh solution from the debian wiki gave me something working. Workaround for me: disable discrete Gpu via acpi_call. With the bigger battery it gives me around 6h of battery life under normal workload - cons: all 3 hdmi ports are wired to the gtx1060 which means I can’t add a 2nd screen. core and cache undervolted with -130mV for best performance.
If you want a Dell xps15 and want to beat the rich kids in geekbench, but are on an budget and like tinkering: go for it.

1 Like

will my mother board support
dmidecode 3.2
Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
SMBIOS 2.8 present.

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
Base Board Information
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Product Name: DH87MC
Version: AAG74242-403
Serial Number: BTMC433001HS
Asset Tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
Features:
Board is a hosting board
Board is replaceable
Location In Chassis: To be filled by O.E.M.
Chassis Handle: 0x0003
Type: Motherboard
Contained Object Handles: 0

Maybe. For a better answer you should check Intel’s documentation. They are pretty good about what hardware supports Linux and what doesn’t. In the end you can test it out, sometimes you run into issues, oftentimes not. You could also google does “DH87MC intell board support linux” and see what pops up. Doing your own research is critical to using Linux and Parrot Linux especially so. If it does work please let us know and we will add it to the list.

XPS 13 9370
All works out of the Box!

1 Like

vielen danke :slight_smile:

We should make a table like this one. :wink:

i have many device to fill it up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lenovo Ideapad 510

pretty much fully compatible

Had to manually modprobe thinkpad-acpi

For dual gpu model - Nvidia Bumblebee

1 Like

Thank’s I’ll add it to the list

Hi. You can also add WiFI adapter:

Blueway N9000 - it based on the Ralink RT3070 Chipset an works well with Parrot.

2 Likes

thanks will do

1 Like

It worked out of the box with almost all thinkpad PC series ever since the T61 until the T450s from which I’m typing now with no troubles whatsoever. It’s actually harder to set it up in Windows, trackpad has issues … Cheers up for that!
As WarTech mentioned, Ralink 3070 in all it’s forms works great with Parrot too :slight_smile:

1 Like

My daily is a T-470 (16GB RAM 1 500 GB SSD.M2) and I have also run it on a T-480 with 20Gb RAM 1TB SSD.M2 no issues at all - all Thinkpads are good AFAIK.

I have also run it on my test X200 Thinkpad (Libreboot/Coreboot) - no problem at all.

And my older X60s (Libreboot/Coreboot) works no issues - but Parrot team dropped support for x86 on v4.5 so that is a bummer - otherwise that was a great little portable machine - I will probably switch to pure Debian on that or Arch just for the X60s (pity - would like common platform across all machines)

These are all fully installed laptops - Parrot is my base OS (I switched from pure Debian) - I do not boot of USB key for live builds (only for local installation) - they are fully installed and mostly with LUKS disk encryption of all partitions but

/boot

. And yes mostly running XFS and BTRFS partitions - everything works peachy!

1 Like

parrot runs perfectly on my
MSI62m 7rex leopard pro
at first boot had some issues with nouveau drivers
after booting without nouveau and installing nvidia-drivers it works perfectly

1 Like

Bryan_Nett
Hey, side thing for ya. If you get nvidia and bumblebee installed, try giving them empty firejail profiles, I had to do that for steam and optirun/primusrun to get my dgpu and igpu to play nicely. That’s how I solved gaming atleast.

As for support, it runs great on MSI GT70 2OC-402

2 Likes

Parrot Sec working brilliant both on my MacBook pro and iMac

1 Like

In Lenovo ThinkPad e560 works really good
:partying_face:

1 Like

It works smoothly and out of the box in my macbook air mid 2011.
In MSI GL62MVR 7RFX-1046XES (hybrid laptop) much compatible, for dual gpu model - Nvidia Bumblebee and GRUB OPTION acpi_os=! acpi_osi=" Windows 2009 "

1 Like

Works well on my HP Pavilion - 14-al103ne as well, you can add this to the list too

1 Like