What Parrot Supports

Hi. You can also add WiFI adapter:

Blueway N9000 - it based on the Ralink RT3070 Chipset an works well with Parrot.

2 Likes

thanks will do

1 Like

It worked out of the box with almost all thinkpad PC series ever since the T61 until the T450s from which I’m typing now with no troubles whatsoever. It’s actually harder to set it up in Windows, trackpad has issues … Cheers up for that!
As WarTech mentioned, Ralink 3070 in all it’s forms works great with Parrot too :slight_smile:

1 Like

My daily is a T-470 (16GB RAM 1 500 GB SSD.M2) and I have also run it on a T-480 with 20Gb RAM 1TB SSD.M2 no issues at all - all Thinkpads are good AFAIK.

I have also run it on my test X200 Thinkpad (Libreboot/Coreboot) - no problem at all.

And my older X60s (Libreboot/Coreboot) works no issues - but Parrot team dropped support for x86 on v4.5 so that is a bummer - otherwise that was a great little portable machine - I will probably switch to pure Debian on that or Arch just for the X60s (pity - would like common platform across all machines)

These are all fully installed laptops - Parrot is my base OS (I switched from pure Debian) - I do not boot of USB key for live builds (only for local installation) - they are fully installed and mostly with LUKS disk encryption of all partitions but

/boot

. And yes mostly running XFS and BTRFS partitions - everything works peachy!

1 Like

parrot runs perfectly on my
MSI62m 7rex leopard pro
at first boot had some issues with nouveau drivers
after booting without nouveau and installing nvidia-drivers it works perfectly

1 Like

Bryan_Nett
Hey, side thing for ya. If you get nvidia and bumblebee installed, try giving them empty firejail profiles, I had to do that for steam and optirun/primusrun to get my dgpu and igpu to play nicely. That’s how I solved gaming atleast.

As for support, it runs great on MSI GT70 2OC-402

2 Likes

Parrot Sec working brilliant both on my MacBook pro and iMac

1 Like

In Lenovo ThinkPad e560 works really good
:partying_face:

1 Like

It works smoothly and out of the box in my macbook air mid 2011.
In MSI GL62MVR 7RFX-1046XES (hybrid laptop) much compatible, for dual gpu model - Nvidia Bumblebee and GRUB OPTION acpi_os=! acpi_osi=" Windows 2009 "

1 Like

Works well on my HP Pavilion - 14-al103ne as well, you can add this to the list too

1 Like

Вообще не работает tp-link (TL-WN822N(EU)) Ver:5.0
S/N:2181098002920
Если на ubuntu он хоть как то подключался к беспроводной сети, то уже на parrot os он даже подключится не хочет. Ну хоть сеть он видит (думаю хоть в режиме монитора от него хоть какая-то польза будет).

Система отлично подходит в целом для ноутбука hp pavilion g6 1203-er (с обновлённым процессором до amd a8-3520m).
Такое чувство как будто система просто создана для этого ноутбука, просто другие дистрибутивы нещадно тормозили и ужастно работали: ubuntu 16.04-up, kali-linux, mint. Эти системы вообще тормозили! Единственная спасительная линукс для меня была ubuntu 14.04 она хоть как-то более менее работала с моей системой, но Parrot os работает в разы лучше ubuntu.

It works perfectly on my old laptop Dell Vostro 2420, Dell INS 14 3000 series. My new PC works perfectly too, i5 4590, nvidia gtx 960

i saw a thinkpad t420 with it installed pretty painlessly.

works well on HP Envy 15-k167cl w/ Intel i7 w/ 8GB Ram, 1TB HD, Intel graphics
been running ParrotSec as my primary OS on it since 4.0 as dual boot. As of today with a new install I kicked windows off the laptop.
There was a brief glitch with the Broadcom wifi and bluetooth combo card, but if you check my posts on both of those, the fix for both was at hand.

Parrot Sec works perfect with beer, fish&chips!!!
Approved by a drunk pimp!

2 Likes

Have anybody tried GPD Pocket laptop with Parrot?

Not yet, but not sure if it will work?!
there is an iso for https://ubuntu-mate.org/download/
Sorry but i think you have to test it :slight_smile:

GPD pocket is expensive in my country. Buy it to test Parrot only is a little insane (Actually I’ll buy it when my pocket has enough resource). I’ve seen RasPad project (Raspberry pi kit with 10 inc screen and things to make it be a tablet). I think I can buy and test Parrot. It looks beautiful.

Here running parrot on

Samsung N150 in 1 GB RAM
Processor Intel Atom CPU/N470 1.83GHz x 2
parrot release 4.7 32 bit
kernel 5.1.0-parrot1-3t-686-pae i686