White Screen Overlay on Macbook pro 2015

– Please Write here your help request, –

— OK, I am new here and I have been using linux for a while now. I am new to Parrot OS though. I use my old 2015 Macbook Pro laptop. I have installed all current DE versions of both Home and Security of ParrotOS and I get a white overlay on my screen. It goes over top most applications to the point that I can barely install the OS using the installer. I have to adjust the window size just a bit to be able to see some of the installer window. I am currently running the latest KDE - Security version as I want to learn more about pentesting and after research I landed on ParrotOS for the huge selection of tools including the tools from the ParrotOS team. I run Fedora as my daily distribution and will be dual booting with Fedora for this ParrotOS. I have tried updating and even killing the GUI in a tty and then waiting a bit and restarting it. It does make the OS unusable for me. I saw one forum thread somewhere a few weeks ago that said to change the resolution and it worked for them. I believe it was an older version though and the only resolution I can sometimes get it to work on is 800x600, which is just an unusable resolution. I am out of ideas and would love the community and ParrotOS teams help if I can! I greatly appreciate it!

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

I am currently using ParrotOS KDE Security 5.0 (LTS)

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

Kernal Version is - 5.14.0-9parrot1-amd4

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Https://docs.parrotsec.org/installation.html
Or Dualboot with Windows - Parrot Documentation this because dual booting documentation will give you more info regardless of with which os
So please follow this to install

And about resolution, set the same as your screen.
Or if it’s still not good, then if you have nvidia then follow this to install compatible drivers for your system.
https://docs.parrotsec.org/nvidia-drivers.html

So this is on a 2015 MacBook Pro. The dual boot has been done to documentation already and the graphics aren’t NVidia. They are AMD.

This is what it looks like

Hello. I would suggest you to follow the Debian guide, for Parrot it should change little or nothing: InstallingDebianOn/Apple/MacBookPro/Early-2015-13-inch - Debian Wiki

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.