Why Is the Touch Screen All F&!%ed Up?!?

Hi, I’ve never done anything like this before.

I tried to use the test version of Parrot. I have a touch screen and it worked fine. Then I rotated the screen and rotated the display orientation so everything would match. But when I press on the screen now, the mouse appears in another part of the screen. Somehow, the touch values are remapped based on the display orientation, so if i press on the upper right corner, it thinks I am pressing in another part of the monitor.

Please help. I can’t figure this out on my own. I am very slow at times due to having a mild learning disability and also using hard drugs all the time, including now. I don’t know what to do. Is there a file I can edit? Maybe if I type sudo apt dnf unbreaktouchscreen --fix-missing I can get this to work? Fuck, why am I so dumb?

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Well, even if you use the mouse or touchpad while in rotated screen, you will still find the same experience.
Rotate Touch Input with touchscreen and/or touchpad - Ask Ubuntu might help u.

1 Like

this is the answer

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.