Widget disappeared and cant search after update

I think you have to wait until other admin wake up. Sorry about that :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Sucks having an error and no where to go. No matter what I install I have that same repo error while I have time to work on it. Is there a reddit sub that’s active?

We are having reddit section as well but i don’t know much about it

Thank you for the replay, but can i know when the new patch to fix it Will release?

I can’t say when because we have to figure the problem out. Same version on Debian unstable doesnt have the problem. We have to debug from scratch. Maybe we can downgrade the package and test it so it will be soon. If our leader want to keep the latest version, it will take more time.

Thankyou for the replay
Ohh good. But do you know how to downgrade the parrot OS?

Made me think of “Cult of Pirates… mm Parrots”

Seriously tho thank you guys for your hard work on this.

We are working on it right now. We are in weird situation because KDE from Debian side works perfectly.
A not very good news: search menu doesn’t broken. It just… doesn’t work. I enabled search file and it can search files and folders. It is useless news but that is everything i have right now.
Now we need more Rum and wind.
p/s: @John let me change it to our “captain”.

2 Likes

Hi - don’t know if it helps, but just dug back into /var/log//apt/history and I think everything was OK until this little lot got updated on Saturday (the 5th) night

history_extract.log (4.3 KB)

Could be wrong but maybe a clue in there for you…

Also, maybe another pointer is I don’t see any notifications now (don’t know if you’ve got the same issue) and can’t add in the notification widget back into the taksbar (can add in others - volume etc with no issue) so maybe this is (linux) permission related?

Cheers

I believe it is not from update process but i’ll check it as soon as possible (it would be next 2 hours). Thanks for your help :wink:

I haven’t seen anyone else mention this, but in addition to the issues already listed above, I was unable to resolve any IP addresses until I manually added in DNS entries in /etc/resolv.conf. Not sure why that broke.

Good news: I’ve tested KDE on test repo. It worked for me like a charm. We’ll need more test before release it in official repository. If anyone want to try, please edit your /etc/apt/sources.list.d/parrot.list like this
Screenshot%20at%202019-10-10%2020-26-22

Then upgrade KDE
It would help us a lot: Test all behaviors, increase test speed, …

P/s: it would be much more faster if my god damn bus was faster

It was on community. We removed from 4.6 version because there are “special users” complain about FSB problem

Can you tell step by step to change it?

If you don’t know how, so you don’t do it. We don’t want anybody break the system.

1 Like

OhhOk and thank you for the replay, keep going for Parrot os

All working again for me after a parrot-upgrade (2 mins ago…)

Thanks - great job!!!

oh and - what was it??

Our leader decided deploying patch on repository after we confirmed test. I believe there are plugin modules are out-of-dated so modules can’t do the jobs right.
Again, we are very sorry for your problem. We will do everything carefully. This is a lesson for us.
Big thanks to all of you, awesome users, who supported us and help us to fix this problem soon.

1 Like

:grinning: sure you guys aren’t the first!!! (do this stuff for a living myself so… well you know!!!) just to confirm - everything tested for me (notifications, right click on desktop, widgets and search) and all good…

1 Like

The fixed patch already out and update via coommand Sudo Apr full-upgrade or Sudo parrot-upgrage?

Thankyou