Wifi Adapter not showing

Hey everyone!

I am new here, and I can not for the life of me figure this out.

I have a realtek rtl8812bu wifi adapter that supports packet injection, and I can not get it to work with Parrot. I recently had it working with VMbox running kali linux but i did not like it, so i switched to VMware running parrot.

I searched high and wide and I can not find a solution. Similar posts all over the place but no solution in other post worked for me. The wifi adapter can not be found. I tried all I can think of and i need some help now cause I am out of ideas.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Hi Nick,

If the firmware is not available in the Parrot repository (search for rtl8812bu using Synaptic), you can download the driver source and install it via this page:

Hey there,

No firsthand experience that particular card, but I made a video to help users get WiFi working: https://youtu.be/nehj6MJ4-hg

Let me know if this helps you. If not we can look at some log info/driver status information and go from there.

Thank you! I tried both of these, neither of which worked. I always get a “Fatal” error saying the packet does not exist at the end. When i run all commands, nothing is in my if or iwconfig

hello! thanks for the help, i will attempt this now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.