Wifi card is not working

Briefly describe your issue below:
So I’ve been working on this problem for about 5 hours now, have gone through tons of articles with no help. Today I decided to install Parrot Security OS onto my HP Spectre x360 Laptop. No dual boot or any of that, just wanting Parrot as main OS. During the installation I got a Network Driver Error, and it gave me a long list of network drivers to choose from, but non contained my network card driver (intel dual band wireless-ac 7265). I chose no driver to get past the screen, thinking I’ll fix it later.

Well here I am, almost 6 hours later pulling out my hair because I can’t figure this out to save my life. I downloaded the drivers needed from here, (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html). I downloaded the “iwlwifi-7265-ucode-25.30.14.0.tgz” onto a USB drive and copied the two files to /lib/firmware. That did not work.

I’ve gone through numerous articles and no help. I’m sure I’m missing something, I just don’t know what. I have some experience with Ubuntu, but not much with Debian/Parrot. Might also be worth noting, the Bluetooth works, I can scan for connections and connect.

I saw I may need to buy the “TP-Link TL-WN722N” (v1) network adapter to perform some actions, but right now all I care about is getting the actual wifi card to work.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot Security 4.3 amd64

What method did you use to install Parrot? Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Pm me and ill try to help

I just created my account today, unless I can’t find the button, I don’t think I have permissions to private message yet.