Wifi Driver Issue

– No Wifi, –

— Hello there, I wanted to open a thread as ever since I did “apt upgrade” my wifi drivers are not working as intended the very last error message i received was that it was unable to install/update drivers I have also tried downloading and building the drivers myself to no avail… using apt I searched for my network adapter “03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM43142 802.11b/g/n (rev 01)” and still got an error if anyone in the community can help me fix this or point me in the right direction I would be very pleased.

Thanks in advance

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Hey.
Linux has some sort of low compatibility with wifi drivers, I am not sure I will solve your problem. But will try to help!

run the command

sudo apt install inxi && inxi -N

and please post the output.

Also read this topic on Parrot Community
Good Luck!

Hi, thanks for your reply here’s the output from terminal:

└──╼ #sudo apt install inxi && inxi -N
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
inxi is already the newest version (3.3.22-1-1~bpo11+1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Network:
Device-1: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast
Ethernet driver: r8169
Device-2: Broadcom BCM43142 802.11b/g/n
driver: N/A

–edit–
if it helps, I also have an AMD Chipset (APU) with linux 6.0 installed and should be upto date but ever since update Wifi driver didn’t work i also tried using apt with everything under BCM43142

Here’s output from uname -r:
6.0.0-2parrot1-amd64

I guess this is the driver for your PC. Visit this page and try to find your drivers matching your adapter. Please tell me if the problem is solved after rebooting…

Couldn’t find the right one so i did a search got bcm43142 tried compiling after purging all other network driver related stuff and after using rmmod i get this output
rmmod: ERROR: Module wl is not currently loaded

Then, I feel sorry, I cannot help more!
A Parrot Sec dev would help but I think they are busy fixing some update…

BTW I have this issue also (Not working Wifi Card AX201) :cry:

Don’t worry friend there’s always a way just takes time. :sweat_smile: thanks anyway for your help.

1 Like

WiFi cards very often need firmware loaded before you can use them, you can get a full firmware file from the debian repos;

https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware

As for compiling your own, you could try doing it this way;

Did a fresh install, if it happens again ill try this fix

HI, i’m new to linux OSs
So sorry if i seem a bit dumb, but also for me there are wifi problems.
I’m trying to search a solution to fix.
could you guide me in drivers installation?
using:

inxi -N

output:

Network:
Device-1: Intel Alder Lake-S PCH CNVi WiFi driver: N/A
Device-2: Intel Ethernet I225-V driver: igc

Thank you a lot

EDIT:
I’ve tryed with chatGPT to solve and after a while,it seems that should be something in kernel level, but i don’t think it’s something chat gpt could do

EDIT2:
I have copy/paste the firmware files from an ubuntu installation where the wifi was working and now also my parrot distro is working and surfing on the net through wifi

Hi Deep welcome to the community.
Have you sorted your problem now, or do you still need help?

Intel WiFi support is usually in the kernel already, and your WiFi card is clearly seen, so this is the cvase here, so it probably just needs configuring!

sorry your post was missed!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.