Wifi not connecting and wlan1 name changed (fixed)

After today’s update i was not able connect to wifi via usb adapter(tp-link wn722n V1) and interface name was changed from wlan1 to wlx+mac_adress. I fixed it by little bit of searching. Now posting it here as solution if anyone encounters it future.

Wifi not connecting :
add the following line to /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=0

then restart network-manager by sudo service network-manager restart or reboot.

Revert interface name from wlx+mac_address to wlan1,wlan2 etc :

sudo ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules

then reboot.

Reference -

PS: Increase topic character limit to 100 chars, 50 is not enough!

5 Likes

thank you for reporting the fix on this!

I managed to get the interface names right with this fix but since then I am not able to create an evil twin in airgeddon anymore. The evil twin starts running but my WLAN is unable to change its SSID to the attacked network’s SSID…

I have the evil twin issue on a cheap 2 in 1 from RCA (worked before update), but it works on my hp laptop, both booting from same usb with persistence.

Before doing,

Wifi not connecting :
add the following line to /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=0

then restart network-manager by sudo service network-manager restart or reboot.

Revert interface name from wlx+mac_address to wlan1,wlan2 etc :

sudo ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules

then reboot.

1 Like

Hmm… my device is working fine(tp-link wn722n) and created evil twin AP without any problem. Can you share some screenshots or error logs?

Ok very new to linux i’ve tried everything to connect aside from a full system wipe and reinstall and I have no internet after parrot did it’s first update. Been at it for 3 days now help would be great

Kjharahuc…
Any useful information to narrow down your problem (chip model/logs) ?
Is it the same problem this thread describes including sudden device name change? When looking for help, please include as much info as possible…

Did you try all of the above fixes?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.