wifi usb card not detected in parrotOS

Briefly describe your issue below:

What version of Parrot are you running? I am running version 4.9.1 security MATE

What method did you use to install Parrot? ( Debian GTK)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)- virtualisation using virtual box

List your networking hardware (make, model, firmware version):
Bus 003 Device 008: ID 0bda:b812 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 802.11ac NIC
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
not detected at all- installed drive
git clone https://github.com/jeremyb31/rtl8822bu.git

Welcome to the ParrotOS Community :hugs:

this information is incomplete ,use lspci | grep -i wireless which will output the complete name.
then install the corresponding drivers as per the output

nothing is listed when i ran the command-see attached

Additional information the cal is realtek 802.11n NIc. It is alfa AWUS036ACH parrot is not detecting the card at all. I have connected via device -usb and card selected

:thinking: ,i don’t have knowledge about virtual box nor use/used it ever thus i cannot help you ,hope someone else could help you.

if you set the wireless device as the bridged network connection in the VBoxManager, it gets VIRTUALIZED as ethernet. Hence, it will NOT appear in the virtual machine as a wireless device. If you want the wireless functionality you must use another device on your host machine, such as your ethernet or another wireless device as your bridged connection and set the alpha as a USB device, not a network device. You can then bring it up in your parrot just like any usb wireless device. You must also have the extension pack installed and have added yourself to the vboxusers group
sudo usermod -aG vboxusers yourusername

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.