Win 10 missing grub boot loader

*Briefly describe your issue below:
win 10 installed after parrot os 4.5.1 64 bit installed . Grub bootloader install peoperly .then reboot it doesn’t show win 10. Try os-prober doesn’t found win 10. But fdisk -l found /dev/sda2 is ntfs windows basic data. Plz help me

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture) 4.5.1 64 bit

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Yes win 10
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Please make your own research before creating a topic. Here’s the same issue: Can't find/boot Windows 10

1 Like

Thanks… next time will try to do :blush:

cant understand step 3 of you suggestion can’t find win 10
Now when you have boot*.efi file you have to mount EFI partition and copy it there

I meant that you have boot file in backed up directory. I’m sorry, made changes, check it out.

For future reference in a multi-boot configuration with windows and linux always install windows first because linux installer can detect other operating system when installing grub windows will not.

Yes first install win 10 after installing parrot os with grub

Have you tried

sudo update-grub

Tried can’t detect win 10

My bad idea: you messed your partitions or you deleted Windows 10 boot partition and it lost all of boot information.

1 Like

Thanks have any solution :disappointed_relieved:

i don’t do that bro

So that is disk format problem? I don’t really know because i don’t have too many partitions like that. Anyway have you fixed it? I am having solution:

sudo grub-install /dev/sda
sudo update-grub

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.