Win10 to ParrotOS file share via Ethernet

Hello,
i’m looking to transfer a pretty large file over from my old windows device to the parrotOS device via Ethernet chaining.
i have sharing enabled on the windows 10 device,and the ParrotOS device detects the windows network.
so,is it as simple as creating a share list and porting it over,or will i need to download something like Samba?
it seems most articles i’m reading suggest adding samba,but if Parrot is already detecting the network in the file manager,that seems a bit redundant…?

please,correct me if i am wrong,any assistance with this is appreciated…

Briefly describe your issue below:

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

There are endless ways to do this, but the easiest way is probably just using windows share.

Once the folders are shared you can type into caja:

smb://IPAddress/Sharedfolder

This page explains a few ways. https://www.fosslinux.com/19265/how-to-share-and-transfer-files-between-linux-and-windows.htm Its for ubuntu, but methods are more or less the same.

1 Like

Thanks,I’ll give it a look…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.