wlan0 disappeared

Briefly describe your issue below:

I recently updated my laptop and when I rebooted it, my onboard wifi disappeared. Running ifconfig returns no wifi interface but I can access the internet through an external wifi adapter.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
I’m running version 4.7 on kernel 5.2.0-2parrot1-amd64. KDE version
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no
List your networking hardware (make, model, firmware version):
I’m not certain what internal wifi card I am using, but I know that it worked prior to my upgrade. My laptop is a Thinkpad E480.
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

It seems to be Realtek r8822be. I can see the device by running lspci, but it reads out that it’s an unassigned class, as opposed to a WiFi card and lshw -C network doesn’t pick up on it at all.

Yesterday my wlan0 disappeared again, you can try to fix it, the same way I did it. But make sure to find correct firmware for your adapter.

Yo, brother I’ve found this solution for you.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.