Parrot Community

Community portal of the Parrot Project.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome Aboard Pirate!

Support us on Patreon and contribute to our project!

HappyHacking!

#1 2017-04-25 18:24:17

st2ph81
Community Member

DnsCrypt

Hi all

1 >>>>>

I want to say if can i install DnsCrypt on parrot & if can cause a trouble to use with anonsurf ???

2>>>>>

when i use anonsurf "start"
manual proxy conf

Screenshot_at_2017-04-25_19-11-46.png

i can't use this "anonsurf" with a vpn i must choose Direct Internet Connection ????

THX !
=D

Last edited by st2ph81 (2017-04-25 18:26:59)

#2 2017-04-26 14:06:55

palinuro
Parrot Project Founder
Website

Re: DnsCrypt

you do not have to touch your proxy settings while using anonsurf

and i have never used a VPN service because the VPN technology has NOTHING to do with anonymity, expecially when you use a VPN provider

Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra - Parrot Security

GPG FINGERPRINT: B350 5059 3C2F 7656 40E6 DDDB 97CA A129 F4C6 B9A4
GPG Info: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex … 29F4C6B9A4
GPG Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&se … 29F4C6B9A4

#3 2017-04-26 16:09:49

st2ph81
Community Member

palinuro wrote:

you do not have to touch your proxy settings while using anonsurf

and i have never used a VPN service because the VPN technology has NOTHING to do with anonymity, expecially when you use a VPN provider

I use blackvpn and can i use dnscrypt ?? Because i search my dns ipv4 & 6 ans ??
Where it is. À command ?

Thx

Last edited by st2ph81 (2017-04-26 16:12:26)

#4 2017-10-17 18:11:53

PoshMagiC0de
Community Member

So, taking a shot at this.
Anonysurf is supposed to make your anonymous.  Jumping on a VPN kills that unless you have an anonymous account but even then they know where you are coming from and can still see where you are searching.
DNSCrypt will not hide your DNS queries, just verify they have not been tampered with.  With that, I do not see why this would cause an issue unless DNS servers that do not have this implementation are returning results it cannot verify so it is being rejected.  Have to look at DNSCrypt more to see if that could be the case.

A VPN takes over your network and proxies traffic through another server.  It sets up a tunnel.  Tor does something similar except it sets up a tunnel and sets up a proxy port(s) locally for you to proxy to to use tor.  That is why on normal systems when you have tor installed you have to configure your browser to proxy through 127.0.0.1 port 9050.

So, here is your issue with VPN and Tor, you have 2 tunnels.  1 points to your VPN, the other points out to a tor guard node.

Possibly, you may be able to do some iptable nat rules to tell stuff coming out on 9050 to first shoot through your VPN but then the VPN will know you are on tor.  The ISP will know you are on a VPN going to that VPN service.  Together with ISP and VPN service provider they know when you are on Tor.

Best way to connect to a non-tor service over tor is SSL for the site you are visiting and a valid cert.  Want to hide your hops more, find some proxy servers that do socks proxy.  You can use proxy chains to first hop onto tor and then proxy chain out of tor through other socks proxies before your target.  Of course more hops you table, the slower you will get.  Tor already adds 3 hops plus crypto to the mix until you exit the exit node.  Now you are obfuscated by tor from even the proxies and each additional proxy adds a trace they need to follow to get to you which will end at tor.  in the end, you will look like the last proxy which you are behind x number of other proxies that are in your proxychains with 3 more anonymizing you through tor.

I just did a little brain dump since I do not know what your end result is.

Board footer