Parrot Community

Community portal of the Parrot Project.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome Aboard Pirate!

Support us on Patreon and contribute to our project!

HappyHacking!

#1 2017-11-22 17:43:19

Kevin_Kerchove
Unconfirmed Member

Possibly a big question

Hello, I hope I can explain this properly. I have a Lenovo ideapad-11IBY. Its one of those strange off the cuff cheap lap tops. Now I bought it before I was "into" linux. Once I went Possibly Linux I couldnt go back. But I didnt realize this lap top has a 32 bit UEFI and a 64 bit Architecture. Its a mix. And uses one of the Atom processors by bay trail. It wont recognize a 32 bit install of linux.. or a 64 bit.. The USB option wont even show. Basically you need a 64 bit Arch of a linux distro with a 32 bit bootia file. But then... surprise, none of the drivers work. It was months until I randomly found a site for a guy named " linuxium " He wrote a script well more like a program, which supports certain flavors of Linux. It was made to get linux onto tablets with the same or similar processors as this Lenovo. All the versions his script supports or Ubuntu derived. So Ubuntu, Lubuntu so . I ended up buiding a custom build of Peppermint. Its a good OS, some things still don't work though and it freezes sometimes. I would really like to get parrot on this laptop. Which I assume, means I have to build my own custom kernel, with driver support and support for the 32/64 issue. Thats a big task for a soft lad of only 4 months in the linux scene. But I would like to tackle it , even if it takes me a year. Does anyone know good places, or sites that have tutorials or a solid place to learn how to build a kernel? Or can anyone give me a solid break down on what I must do. This type of scenerio isnt the most documented thing in the world. Anyways, thank you for your time.

Board footer