Parrot Community

Community portal of the Parrot Project.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome Aboard Pirate!

Support us on Patreon and contribute to our project!

HappyHacking!

#1 2017-12-03 14:50:25

monstaman
Unconfirmed Member

Beginner Question - Adding Repositories

Hey there,

I'm pretty new to the Linux OS and am just starting some self-learning on Penetration testing, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. :-)

I was thinking about using another OS such as Ubuntu and running Parrot OS as a VM, however, I wonder if one of the best ways to learn is to just get right into it and use Parrot OS as my main OS.

To do this though, I've got a few things I'd like to add such as KeepassX and Thunderbird to my Parrot install, after a about an hour of searching the good old web, I haven't had much luck installing these sorts of applications. Via trying manual creation of files with repo locations or trying to install what I need to run 'apt-get install'.

Would any of you good fellows/ladies have any hints or recommendations on install applications such as this? Or maybe it's not recommended for some reason?

As I said though, I understand if this is a question that pretty much shows I haven't got the Linux knowledge to be at the stage of using a distribution that's not for beginners such as myself, so feel free to ignore/remove this question if so. I thought there was no harm in asking. :-)

Thanks very much,
Monstaman.

#2 2017-12-03 14:59:08

monstaman
Unconfirmed Member

Re: Beginner Question - Adding Repositories

Hey again,

Sussed it (should have spent more time investigating before bugging you guys)!  Found the Admin\Synaptic Package Manager. 

Let the learning begin! :-)

Thanks anyway,
Monstaman

Board footer