Parrot Community

Community portal of the Parrot Project.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome Aboard Pirate!

Support us on Patreon and contribute to our project!

HappyHacking!

#1 2017-12-30 19:32:33

powerbox3
Community Member

Hello from EAST COAST, USA!!

Hello!! I'm new to the "computer" world, Kinda.. I am changing gears in my life, switching from Construction Management (all Gov't contracting as the GC) to somewhere in the I.T world.. Don't know where yet, all I know is that I love computers, networking and generally am just thirsty to learn about just about everything.  At the moment I am mainly interested in security.. defending myself against 'the hack', and studying for certifications.... Not sure which ones I'm even going to go for quite yet.. right now I am thinkning Network+, alongside A+, but at times Security+ seems like a good idea.. lol..  I am open for suggestions, and direction fromthose more experienced, and am excited to be communicating with the communinty!!!

Happy Holidays,
Powerbox3

#2 2018-01-08 23:13:08

Akito
Administrator

Re: Hello from EAST COAST, USA!!

Greetings,

judging by your description of your current life situation I suggest you check out sites like udemy or codecademy or similar ones to start learning a programming language. This should open the door for you if you want to join the backstage of "computers". I highly recommend it as a prerequisite to any other qualification like e.g. internet security or the like. Since you are living in the 3rd world country which doesn't really have health care and education for the majority of peoplethis would be a good place to start, according to my opinion.

Knowledge is an anti-capitalistic commodity.
BURST: BURST-AA9W-74EX-KZNE-4ST7K

GPG Fingerprint: 290A C689 2EB1 45F6 5E74  2C11 99B1 2DF0 E85A E4E6
GPG Info: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex … F0E85AE4E6
GPG Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&se … F0E85AE4E6

Board footer