4.19 break lightdm, but HDMI plug in fix

Briefly describe your issue below:

I’ve mentioned this before, but any update to the 4.19 kernel, or even when booting the 4.6 live image, results in lightdm failing to load with a black screen showing a blinking line at the top right.

Strangly, systemctl status shows everything is okay, and plugging in an HDMI cable to another screen fixes the graphics issue. It suddenly just starts working. Two netbooks are showing this issue, both use Intel graphics.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64) 4.6 MATE Security 64bit

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental) Debian Standard and Debian GTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) No

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

No errror messages, dmesg along with systemctl status lightdm all show nothing out of the ordinary. It’s just strange that if I use an external monitor the issue is somehow fixed. If I could carry an external monitor around with me that might work. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.