Alienware area 51 boots to busybox

Briefly describe your issue below:
I have tried to install Parrot OS on my new Alienware area 51. It installs fine but when it boots that the issue I get errors that leave me at a blank screen with nothing.
Killer™ AX1650 2x2 802.11ax Wi-Fi Wireless + Bluetooth 5.0

180W Power Adapter and 240W Power Adapter

17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz, IPS, NVIDIA G-SYNC, Eyesafe® Display Tech + Tobii Eyetracking

(2x 1TB PCIe M.2 SSDs) + 1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid Drive (ALL SEPARATE DRIVES)

32GB 2x16GB DDR4-2400MHz

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2070 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

Windows 10 pro 64bit English

9th Generation Intel Core i7-9700K (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.9GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

What version of Parrot are you running? SECURITY VERSION 4.6 THINKING ABOUT TRYING THE BETA 4.7
What method did you use to install Parrot? Debian Standard. I INSTALLED IT LIKE i DID FOR MY OTHER LAPTOP WITH KALI LINUX. SIMPLE. FIRST WINDOWS AND THAN PARROT OS. USED THE RECOMMEND PROGRAM TO CREATE MY LIVE USB PROVIDED BY PARROT OS DOC

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) YES WINDOWS 10 ON ONE DRIVE AND PARROT OS ON THE OTHER

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
UNKNOWN CHIPSET (166000A1)
UNRECOGNIZED BOOTLOADER VERSION
UNABLE TO BIND THE CODECIMG_20190807_075357

PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP

4.7 is beta. use 4.6

I am using 4.6

currently there is 1 way to fix it in initramfs cli: use fsck (you can find it on google) to check your disk

still doesn’t work

heres what i did to get parrot os working on my alieanware area 51m… i used rufus to make the bootable usb and selected uefi format within rufus. then in your bios, disable raid mode and put it in ahcpi. install windows to one of your 1 t.b ssds and then parrot to your other 1 t.b ssd… now… after installed and your computer reboots… it comes to the parrot grub boot screen… select parrot the first option in the grub boot menu… now, the screen will go blank and look scrambled as if it will remain this way and never boot… simply close your laptop screen down untill u hear the fans cease and the laptop hibernates… then once in hibernate, reopen your screen, and you will find the parrot os login, instead of the garbled bullshit which makes you think its stuck and frozen… took me hours to figure this out… one day while messing with it, i just closed the lid outta frusteration and low and behold when i reoppened later, the login screen appeared… couldnt believe it…

1 Like

This was intresting to read LOL. Awesome! :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.