All wifi networks connect except the wifi network which has more than one ESSID around me

– Please Write here your help request –
When i connect normal wifi networks it works fine. When i connect to networks created by mobile hotspot it also works well. but when i try to connect to my university wifi network on parrot os it keep on connect and disconnecting. This wifi network asks for username and password and then the user connects to the wifi .
When i run airodump-ng [wireless card]
it shows that the wifi network has more than one ESSID but with different mac addresses but in interface it only shows one network.(maybe the information would be enough)

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):
    I am using the parrot os security
    Release 5.1 (Electro Ara) 64-bit
    Kernel Linux 6.0.0-2parrot1-amd64 x86_64
    MATE 1.24.1
    Wireless Card:Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8192EE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
    Wireless card vendor Hon Hai Precision Ind. Co.,Ltd.
  • Anonsurf running? (yes/no)
    not using anonsurf

Welcome to the forums

this is not unusual, depending on how the university has set up its network, Normally you will have a main internet router feeding to multiple repeaters around the campus, It should be set up that wherever you are you only need one log in name and password, BUT each repeater will have its own mac address to enable it to connect to the main router system

the disconnection problem may be due to total load on the repeater [or even the main system] if there is a high demand it is not unusual for the system to drop out weaker or idle connections, GO ASK YOUR UNI TECH SUPPORT

probably is the weak signal reception caused by the network drivers in the machine. Best case use an ethernet connection or an extended wifi adapter.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.