AMD - Hashcat not working (ATTENTION! No OpenCL or CUDA installation found.)

Hello,

I’m trying for few hours to be able to use hashcat.

Here’s the output of the hashcat cmd :

hashcat (v6.1.1) starting...

ATTENTION! No OpenCL or CUDA installation found.

You are probably missing the CUDA or OpenCL runtime installation.

* AMD GPUs on Linux require this driver:
  "RadeonOpenCompute (ROCm)" Software Platform (3.1 or later)
* Intel CPUs require this runtime:
  "OpenCL Runtime for Intel Core and Intel Xeon Processors" (16.1.1 or later)
* NVIDIA GPUs require this runtime and/or driver (both):
  "NVIDIA Driver" (440.64 or later)
  "CUDA Toolkit" (9.0 or later)

I’ve try to install ROCm on my computer.
By installing the amd-gpu-install.

But whenever I try to get the ROCm within the amd-gpu-install.
It gives me an error that my os is not supported :

┌─[arthur@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $amdgpu-install 
Unsupported OS: /etc/os-release ID 'parrot'

I also try installing the OpenCL from the intel website as suggested on some forum but the same error appear.

Here’s the output of dpkg :

┌─[✗]─[arthur@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $dpkg -l | grep opencl
rc  intel-oneapi-runtime-dpcpp-sycl-opencl-cpu                  2023.2.1-16                                 amd64        Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL(TM) Applications runtime
rc  intel-oneapi-runtime-opencl                                 2023.2.1-16                                 amd64        Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL(TM) Applications runtime
ii  intel-opencl-icd                                            20.44.18297-1                               amd64        Intel graphics compute runtime for OpenCL
ii  libopencl-clang11                                           11.0.0-1                                    amd64        thin wrapper for clang
ii  mesa-opencl-icd:amd64                                       20.3.5-1                                    amd64        free implementation of the OpenCL API -- ICD runtime
ii  ocl-icd-libopencl1:amd64                                    2.2.14-2                                    amd64        Generic OpenCL ICD Loader
ii  pocl-opencl-icd:amd64                                       1.6-5                                       amd64        pocl ICD
┌─[arthur@parrot]─[~]

I’ve try to remove some of the packages of openCL and install other one but that’s doesn’t work at all.

Version : Parrot OS 5.3 (Electro Ara)
Kernel : 6.1.0-1parrot1-amd64

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.