Anon Surf > change exit node

Briefly describe your issue below:

Anon Surf > change exit node

This always defaults to ZW (Zimbabwe). Does anyone know why?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

Linux parrot 4.19.0-parrot1-13t-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.13-1parrot1.13t (2019-01-09) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Provided installer

Hey Val! Hope things are well for you! How did your china trip and your experience with accessing Tor end up going? Any tips for other future travelers?

Per your post, does it automatically default to ZW on startup or only when you issue the change exit node command? I’m pretty sure you use the CLI to start and issue service commands correct?

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. It’s been very busy out here in the field.

I was in “Nanning” and “Shenzhen.” Tor only worked well enough to allow me to download and install “Express VPN,” which worked marvelously in China. I also ran some very thorough OONI probes, while I was in both places.

The trains are really-really fast!! The train from Nanning to Shenzhen got me up to 305 km/hr. That’s 189.51821 mi/hr. Smooth as a “silk-road.” The only caveat is, you can only get off at the station you purchased a ticket for. You actually need the ticket for the exit-gate to scan, to “physically” allow you to pass. This goes “way” beyond “tracking.” You just “can’t” get off at an “unplanned” stop, how nuts? Everywhere else in the world, you can get off “before” your planned stop; as the ticket cost would be less. In any case, there’s no “physical” barrier.

As for tips, I only have “shopping” tips. Buy EVERYTHING at “Walmart!” The Chinese do.

As for “Anon-Surf,” I get unilaterally reconnected to Zimbabwe (ZW), only when I use the “menu,” to change exit nodes. The CLI works as expected. Better choice I guess? While on this topic, I can’t help wondering “what” motivated the “ZW” choice. That is, if “this” topic’s not too sensitive.

Let me think. What do I know about Zim? Well, I was there during the military rule in '18, with “not” enough cash. Damn, I paid for that one! I was told the “ATMs” worked, NOT! And, the American embassy in Harrare, wouldn’t let me use their’s. Bastards! Killed Kenny indeed! Wait, that’s a town in Ireland, isn’t it?

Well Zim “was” a “Commonwealth” country, until they were “officially” kicked-out in '03." That’s “offically.” Unofficially, Uncle Bob is BFFs with Aunt Betty, as he has 5, not 3 or 4, but 5 castles in England and Scottland. Since “every” government’s “real” job is human-trafficing and asset-stripping the peasant population, Uncle Bob, did his Job. Rhyme unintended! Now, he “supposedly” gets to spend the rest of his days sipping tea, playing badmittin, and going to “lodge” meetings. Not a bad life, if you’re into those things. “Personally,” I’m a little too independent for the sedentary life, or being “organized.”

Now, the chaos there, is either a good thing or a bad thing for security. Since, they have NO MONEY, or even a National Currency, “maybe” they can’t pay enough to have the best people “minding-the-switch” at the “wiretap” stations. That is the “hoped” for scenario, and possibly shows good judgement on the part of the “Dev,” who made the choice. Kudos! The “other” “less-desireable” scenario is inverse and inversely-motivated. My own experience, is that the “Jenny-Walkers” rule Zim, with an iron-glove, when those “pagan-witches” aren’t “drunk.” They were always very visible. Franky, blended whiskey is crap!

Perhaps, someday someone can “enlighten” me on “which” scenario was in play and where the “other” “sweet” exit-nodes are located. Two locations of “interest” are “Turkey” and “Israel.” Turkey, because that’s where the east-west “telecom” trunk is; and Israel, because “nobody messes with Israel.” Besides, “Hebrew” doesn’t use “Latin” characters. You encounter the same “decoding” problems, as with Chinese. Perhaps, that’s why “this” character set was chosen, in the first place.

Just as an aside, it seems the Overseas Office has always sent the “Scotts” abroad to do their conquering. In the Caribbean, South America and Africa, you’ll find a significant portion of the indigenous populations have “Scottish” surnames. Either these 'paths, “joined the “Royal Navy” just to have theirselves some fun,” or they were conscripts, as the Anglo-Saxons have historically viewed the Celts as Mughals. Just speculation; but very interesting though.

Cheers, Val

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.