AnonSurf Status Log

Briefly describe your issue below:

What version of Parrot are you running? (4.4 Mate, Desktop, and AMDx64)

What method did you use to install Parrot? ( GTK )

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Very long AnonSurf “status” terminal, Perhaps the answers are in the beginning and the end. I do have dnsmasq-base installed, but not dnsmasq. nscd is not installed. Recently installed proxychains.conf.

https://pastebin.com/raw/h2R2TP8i

I let the terminal run for 30 minutes. It stopped working after about 10 minutes, with no way to close it without interupting the process. I finally opened another terminal and killed it.
The following is the AnonSurf shutdown from terminal:

https://pastebin.com/raw/M9vhutVg

Wireshark shows local communication only. Anything headed for the internet is ack sent only.

Jan 04 08:29:36 parrot Tor[5587]: I learned some more directory information, but not enough to build a circuit: We’re missing descriptors f

so its missing something but i cant recreate it. can you give more info on the surrounding scenario?

That line eventually evolved into this:

Jan 04 08:29:36 parrot Tor[5587]: I learned some more directory information, but not enough to build a circuit: We’re missing descriptors for 1/2 of our primary entry guards (total microdescriptors: 5133/6263)

This was simply an attempt to get Anonsurf to work. Started sudo anonsurf, then, sudo anonsurf start, then sudo anonsurf my ip, then sudo anonsurf status. Even though anonsurf says I am under anonsurf tunnel, the IP lookup is blank. I ran it again today, and let it run for 2 hours, while doing nothing else. The terminal never got past:

Jan 06 10:15:48 parrot Tor[5587]: Bootstrapped 25%: Loading networkstatus consensus.

I’ve been trying to find out enough about “primary entry guards” to try to work through this, but so far no luck.