Anonsurf : Temporary failure in name resolution

What version of Parrot are you running? 4.7 Mate amd64

What method did you use to install Parrot? Pre-made Virtual Box file

Configured to multiboot with other systems? no

I am running Parrot on a Virtual box machine with a NAT connection, but because of certain restrictions I have to use a separate USB WiFi adapter connecting to the internet.

My problem is when I trying to ping under anonsurf. I get success when pining 8.8.8.8. But when I ping google.com, for exmaple, I get an instant error reading “ping: google.com: Temporary failure in name resolution”.

I have had problems like this before, but for some reason they magically fixed themselves, but not this time.

The network I’m connected to has some restrictions, but even using another network without any I had the same problem. And another thing, maybe unrelated, but NordVPN works just fine.

Hello @JimmyJames :slight_smile:

On any linux device, from my personal experience, if you use anonsurf and a vpn [even tho not simultaneously] at a certain point, it will brick the system networking due to some error because of a mistake we make unintentionally.

Could you tell me the output of
pluma /etc/resolv.conf
Additionally, let me know if resolv.conf file is a symlink [since a VPN client is involved here] That could be playing a major role in this error.

Also, have a look at this thread, People, including me had similar issues in the past :stuck_out_tongue:

https://community.parrotlinux.org/t/firefox-server-not-found/8791

Try to set OpenNIC DNS Service. This solved the Issue for me a few months ago.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.