Anyway to lower hard drive size restrict for installation?

Afternoon all - I am rebuilding ASUS Chrome boxes to redeploy. Debian linux with XFCE works great but it a little less polished than Parrot and I have found the Parrot XFCE installation works and looks great but when I try and install it on some of my units that have a smaller harddrive (many come with a 15G Transcend TS16GNTS400TPR disk and when I try and install Parrot - it says my disk is too small and wont allow installation). I know the installation will fit, and for my needs a full install will only use about 7-8 G of the disk.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

• ParrotOS iso in use:
    Parrot OS 5.0 LTS with XFCE

• Application used for flashing the iso:
    BalenaEtcher for Linux

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

u atleast need 20GB for Home XFCE
https://docs.parrot.sh/system-requirements.html

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of the requirements was wondering if there was a way to bypass (OP) this limitation. I am currently running the system on 7GB and would like to install on a 15G drive. Suppose I could use clonezilla - might be a better solution all around for rolling out identical installs. Will try my own advice.

no idea, maybe you can try Telegram: Contact @parrotsecgroup

Maybe you can install it on a larger hard drive (or virtual hard drive), shrink the root partition to less than 14 GB or so, image any boot and root partition using something like Clonezilla Live, then use the image to install on the 15 GB drive.

Clonezilla worked fine - was even able to do it across the network - only caveat was needing to run Clonezilla in expert mode to tell it to ignore the disk size ( -icds) and to adjust the partitions (-k1). So now all my older ASUS CN60 ChromeBoxes I had deployed will run great and look clean as ParrotOS takes them over. Thanks for suggestions. @Masmer - thinking along the same lines thanks! @Th3Director thanks for the input! Hope you guys have a great holiday!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.