Architect 5.2 ARM64 image won't complete an install

Using VMWare Fusion Pro 13.0.1 on a macOS Ventura host system with an arm processor.

Installation gets all the way up to the point of “Preparing to configure parrot-core (arm64)” and gets stuck. If I switch over to a different terminal window and tail syslog, it shows that parrot-core (5.1.9) is attempting to be installed, but is prompting the user for a decision about what to do with the package’s version of /etc/bash.bashrc

I’m using Parallels on M1 MacBook Pro, but I’m stucking in the same step. I tried also with UTM, but nothing changed.
I also tried with “Parrot-architect-5.0.1_arm64.iso”, one of the older version, but it’s the same.

Please follow the steps from the User’s post above. This may require graphical install to perform the steps listed fyi.

I currently do not know the status of correcting this bug in the install if this is still occurring in 5.2. Potentially someone from the Parrot OS dev team might be working on an solution but this is the current workaround.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Dre!
It still works on 5.2.
Thank you for the support and suggestion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.