Audio Drivers Firmware Self Deleting

– PRETTY_NAME=“Parrot OS 5.3 (Electro Ara)”
NAME=“Parrot OS”
VERSION_ID=“5.3”
VERSION=“5.3 (Electro Ara)” –

• Linux parrot 6.1.0-1parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Parrot 6.1.15-1parrot1 (2023-04-25) x86_64 GNU/Linux):*

Hi All, after installing firmware-sof-signed through Synaptic Package Manager for my laptop internal sound card all goes well and can see the created folders in /lib/firmware/intel the folders created are

sof
sof-tplg
sof-tplg-v1.7

As soon as I click on sound preferences icon in Control Center I can actually see these folders delete themselves in Caja.

So I downloaded the later version 2.2.4-1_all.deb and ran this file and again all installs ok I go to look in Caja and all same folders and files are there and again as soon as I click on sound preferences they self delete again.

So I went and downloaded the very latest version 2.2.5 tar file from there site and run the install.sh script does the install again can see all files and folders but soon as I go to sound preferences these file self delete again.

Any suggestions or ideas with this problem would be a big help.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.