Audio onda notebook assente

Non si sente l’audio in uscita cosa fare?

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Please run inxi -A from the terminal , then copy and paste the report back here

PU: quad core Intel Celeron N3450 (-MCP-) speed/min/max: 961/800/2200 MHz
Kernel: 6.1.0-1parrot1-amd64 x86_64 Up: 0m Mem: 915.7/7795.7 MiB (11.7%)
Storage: 238.47 GiB (5.7% used) Procs: 205 Shell: Bash 5.1.4 inxi: 3.3.26

Hi you ran inxi I asked you to run inxi -A [that is inxi[space]-A]

yes I did the command you asked for and the result is the one described above

Audio:
Device-1: Intel Celeron N3350/Pentium N4200/Atom E3900 Series Audio Cluster
driver: sof-audio-pci-intel-apl
API: ALSA v: k6.1.0-1parrot1-amd64 status: kernel-api
Server-1: PipeWire v: 0.3.65 status: active

inxi -A will only show your audio Not your CPU and ram,

your report should look something like this …

$ inxi -A
Audio:
Device-1: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio
driver: snd_hda_intel
Device-2: Intel 8 Series/C220 Series High Definition Audio
driver: snd_hda_intel
Device-3: Aveo USB2.0 Camera type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo
Device-4: C-Media Audio Adapter (Unitek Y-247A) type: USB
driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid
Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.10.0-23-amd64

the problem is in the output of the incoming audio signal through the mixer device i see the bar moving but the internal and external speakers have no sound.

snd_hda_intel 57344 0
snd_intel_dspcfg 36864 4 snd_hda_intel,snd_sof,snd_sof_intel_hda_common,snd_soc_skl
snd_hda_codec 184320 5 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_soc_hdac_hda,snd_soc_skl,snd_sof_intel_hda
snd_hda_core 122880 8 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_ext_core,snd_hda_codec,snd_sof_intel_hda_common,snd_soc_hdac_hda,snd_soc_skl,snd_sof_intel_hda
snd_pcm 159744 12 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,soundwire_intel,snd_sof,snd_sof_intel_hda_common,snd_compress,snd_soc_core,snd_sof_utils,snd_soc_skl,snd_soc_es8316,snd_hda_core
snd 126976 13 snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_sof,snd_timer,snd_compress,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm
┌─[lg@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $sudo lspci -nnk | grep -A2 Audio
00:0e.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Intel Corporation Celeron N3350/Pentium N4200/Atom E3900 Series Audio Cluster [8086:5a98] (rev 0b)
DeviceName: Onboard - Sound
Subsystem: Device [02f3:f000]

$echo “options snd-hda-intel model=dell-headset-multi” | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
options snd-hda-intel model=dell-headset-multi

OK now I know what we are looking at, this device [E3900] has been a problem from its beginning, I have checked across the other forums I am a member of, and it appears to effect all distributions,
two possible suggestions have come up, build a bespoke kernel driver, or use the Windows driver in a wrapper, But I have no confirmation that either of these suggestions work.

Understood and thank you in advance, but then what possibility do I have of hearing the audio through the two solutions you mentioned… isn’t there an implicit solution in the intel site for this problem?

As this is a problem that I have not personally had to fix, I rely on what I can find on websites that I trust and other hardware engineers.

The only possible fix I have found that does give some working support [and please read carefully before you try] is… Reddit - Dive into anything

Apart from this, I do not feel I can help any more. As I have never had this problem myself.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/alsa-daily not reposity

sudo apt-get install dkms
Lettura elenco dei pacchetti… Fatto
Generazione albero delle dipendenze… Fatto
Lettura informazioni sullo stato… Fatto
dkms è già alla versione più recente (3.0.3-4parrot1).
0 aggiornati, 0 installati, 0 da rimuovere e 0 non aggiornati.

This will interest you…

And after you’ve installed the firmware, this;

sudo apt install --reinstall alsa-base alsa-utils pulseaudio linux-sound-base libasound2
sudo alsa force-reload

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.