Boot screen freezes

*What version of Parrot are you running?
Version 4.6
Edition Mate
Architecture amd64

What method did you use to install Parrot?
I used Etcher

Configured to multiboot with other systems? Yes, with Windows 10

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
None related to parrot

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Hi.
I have Asus Zenbook 15 UX533FD. Whuch as i7 8th Gen and a Nvidia GTX 1050 Max q graphic card.
So i installed parrot when it was 4.5 version going on. It used to run it fine but for some reasons i had to remove it. I downloaded 4.6 and installed it. But i was never able to run it as it froze while booting. On boot screen the cursor does not blink and states “Loading Linux 4.19-parrot4-24t-amd64 … \n Loading initial ramdisk …”. I tried installing the latest version many times but i again got stuck while booting only.

I have tried pci=nowcpi and even nomodeset.
Nothing worked. Any help?

Hello there,
I have the same problem :smiley: - i figured that the 1 problem is probably because of graphic card driver and 2 problem is probably because of hm - i dont know how to describe it but the difference between graphic GRUB which doesnt support such “high” resolution. I found these 2 problems that can cause that (maybe someone will agree or disagree) - but i’ve tried the same metods as You and also they didnt work. The solution is probably to get acces to grub.cfg and reconfigre the file (somehow).

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.