Brightness explodes to 100% on every login

OS Version: Parrot OS 5.0 (LTS) x86_64
Kernel. : 5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64

Hi guys I need some help here, I am running Parrot OS (MATE) on Intel Macbook Air 2015. Everything works except a few. Every time I login or boot the laptop, the screen brightness and keyboard backlight explodes to 100%, which is really annoying.

I tried fixing by creating a file /etc/rc.local, that writes the desired brightness level to /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness, and it seems to work and fix the booting part of the issue. But the behaviour is still persistent when suspending the machine and logging back in. Also, the screen and keyboard backlight explodes when I plugin the charger.

I looked up for configuration settings, but couldnt find any. Also, looked up on web forums, but didn’t find any definitive answer.

I really like Parrot OS, and I want to stay with it.
It would be great if I get any guidance/help on this problem.

Thanks!

Yes, this is an issue and temporarily I have installed a package named “Brightness-master” written in Python and after each power on, I run this program to decrease the brightness level and then start working.
Until a stable solution comes, this is how I am working-around .

Thanks! I will give this one a try. It works on every login as well right?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.