Calamares installer crashing at bootloader (2015 macbook air)

Apologies for any formatting issues, new to forum posting.

Main issue –
The installer crashes and gives the following error

Boost.Python error in job "bootloader".
Command 'grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Parrot --force' returned non-zero exit status 1.
Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
grub-install: warning: Cannot set EFI variable Boot0001.
grub-install: warning: efivarfs_set_variable: writing to fd 8 failed: Invalid argument.
grub-install: warning: _efi_set_variable_mode: ops->set_variable() failed: Invalid argument.
grub-install: error: failed to register the EFI boot entry: Invalid argument.

Traceback:
File "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py", line 477, in run
    prepare_bootloader(fw_type)

File "<string>", line 8, in <module>

Things I have done –

*Reinstalled multiple different versions of parrot to the usb using balencia etcher. No change
*Installed other operating systems(manjaro and ubuntu) with no issue, then attempted to install parrot alongside. No change
*Followed the grub troubleshooting on the official documentation → GRUB | ParrotOS Documentation . No change

As i stated in the title, i am using a 2015 macbook air, which i am assuming is causing these issues. But i am unsure how to fix it as most of my research has not been very fruitful(and i am still quite new to grub)

Its been pretty frustrating trying multiple different installations and updating grub through different ways, so i am hoping posting here can provide some more insight.

You didn’t say if you were trying to dual boot or replace Mac OSX with Parrot, but anyway…
EFI partition can get a bit messy if you’ve installed lots of distros and the original Mac entries are probably still there too… You can see whats in your EFI partitiion with efibootmgr

sudo apt install efibootmgr
efibootmgr

It will list your EFI entries and you can create or remove what you need or don’t need.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.