Cannot conncect to wifi

I am unable to connect to wifi networks. I can see the SSID in Network Manager, however it continuously prompts for a password. I have tried connecting to multiple wifi networks with the same result, additionally I attempted to connect via mobile hotspot, however Network manager doesn’t display the SSID. Currently the only way I am able to get online is to tether my phone via USB cable. Any solutions to get online via wifi? My NIC is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter and the installed driver is ath9k.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

VERSION_ID=“5.3”
VERSION=“5.3 (Electro Ara)”
VERSION_CODENAME=ara

• Anonsurf running? (yes/no)

No

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

Results of inxi -Nn

inxi -Nn
Network:
  Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter
    driver: ath9k
  IF: wlp1s0 state: down mac: 5e:94:bf:2f:6b:7d
  Device-2: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet driver: r8169
  IF: enp2s0 state: down mac: 98:40:bb:48:58:33
  IF-ID-1: enx7222fe10f62b state: up speed: N/A duplex: N/A
    mac: 72:22:fe:10:f6:2b

• Screenshots:

Welcome to the forums,Can you run inxi from the terminal, and paste back the result of inxi -Nn

Sure thing, here’s the results of inxi -Nn

Network:
  Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter
    driver: ath9k
  IF: wlp1s0 state: down mac: 5e:94:bf:2f:6b:7d
  Device-2: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet driver: r8169
  IF: enp2s0 state: down mac: 98:40:bb:48:58:33
  IF-ID-1: enx7222fe10f62b state: up speed: N/A duplex: N/A
    mac: 72:22:fe:10:f6:2b

Dose’nt look much wrong there,
Is this on a laptop? If so, check for a hard block [also called flight mode] is not enabled,
How have you installed Parrot [dedicated parrot only or multuboot with windows]?

I have been on line for nearly 15 hrs, and now getting grief from the wife, so going down for the day,
if its a laptop and if hard block is not enabled, try… save all work disconnect mains power and all other connections, press and hold power button for 60 seconds and re-boot [no guarantees, but it sometimes works if there is a BIOS/UEFI error

Yep this is on a laptop. No hardblocks or softblocks seem to be active when checking with rfkill. However, wlp1s0 doesn’t seem to show up…

rfkill list
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
1: hci0: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no

Ill try the power cycle you mentioned and report back.

Power cycle didn’t work. Only thing maybe I can see is that the WiFi card is “down” from the output of inxi. I’ve tried every command I can come across to get it “up”. Nothing seems to work.

ok see if this helps WiFi/HowToUse - Debian Wiki

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.