Cannot do update on Raspberry pi 4 with ParrotOS Security

– Please Write here your help request, –

— Today I cannot do any software updates on my Raspberry pi 4 with Parrot OS Security.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Using ParrotOS version 5.1.2 for Raspberry pi 4

PRETTY_NAME=“Parrot OS 5.1 (Electro Ara)”
NAME=“Parrot OS”
VERSION_ID=“5.1”
VERSION=“5.1 (Electro Ara)”
VERSION_CODENAME=ara
ID=parrot
ID_LIKE=debian

└──╼ $uname -r
5.10.92-v8+

There are other issues that the wlan0 cannot use monitor mode.
That need to be fix.

─[pi@parrot]─[~]
└──╼ $sudo airmon-ng start wlan0

Found 2 processes that could cause trouble.
Kill them using ‘airmon-ng check kill’ before putting
the card in monitor mode, they will interfere by changing channels
and sometimes putting the interface back in managed mode

PID Name
289 NetworkManager
315 wpa_supplicant

PHY Interface Driver Chipset

phy0 wlan0 brcmfmac Broadcom 43430

ERROR adding monitor mode interface: command failed: Operation not supported (-95)

Hello. Monitor mode doesn’t seem to be supported by default on the Raspberry Pi. You should buy a wifi adapter that supports it. However, I’ve read around that someone has enabled it by applying a specific patch. I’ll check but make no guarantees for now.

i have the alfa network wifi adapter and it does not seems to work at all on parrot security os for monitor mode for the raspberry pi 4. But not with Kali. Even though the alfa network does support for monitor mode.

As for the atheros wifi adapter sudo apt install firmware-atheros.

I have to install the packages sudo apt install firmware-misc-nonfree for the alfa-network awus036acm to work with monitpr mode. As for the Realtek wifi adapter RTL8812Au with sudo apt install realtek-rtl88xxau-dkms. But the parrot security os need the packages for nexmon to patch the broadcom wifi chipset to get it to work like kali. Then it can only work with monitor mode.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.