Cannot install Parrot-sec-5.3_amd64

Hi, I am trying to install Parrot-security-5.3_amd64 in dual boot with my ubuntu operating system. This is not my first time to dualboot. I have dual booted parrot-sec-5.0 in past but now I cannot. I have downloaded the ISO using chrome and burned the ISO using balena etcher on an 8gb HP pendrive. In BIOS it gives the option to boot and in boot menu when I select try/install option it gives a pitch black screen with no further process. I have also tried other options also but couldn’t do. What could be the possible problem…???..pls help in this problem.

Hi @Anirudh_Bishnoi

From what I understand, Ubuntu supports secure boot, while most other Linux distros don’t. Do you have secure boot enabled in your BIOS?

Welcome to the forums
If disabling secure boot doesn’t work, what are the machine spec’s [ run inxi -Fnxz copy and paste back results]

secure boot is disabled.

so have any of you moderators actually tried to download an ISO and get it to boot in the last couple months ?
this has been going on for a while and the same bullshit “check Secure Boot…” is your only solution except it’s not a solution that works.
it’s been an ongoing issue for a while.
Linux Mint works but I prefer Parrot

I run the home edition and if you follow the usual routeen it loads fine

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.