Cannot suspend, hibernate or shutdown

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hi,
I’ve been looking in a lot of places, forums and alike for the past two weeks, and as a last resort I decided to post here, hoping I can get your help. I am not a Linux expert, but I am starting to know my way around.
I have been using parrot for almost a year on my laptop and I was very satisfied with it. But recently, that weird behavior started to happen: after the system goes to sleep the first time, it wakes up successfully (apparently), but then it cannot go back to sleep (suspend or hibernate) neither shutdown. However, I found this workaround that can make my laptop actually suspend:

sudo /lib/systemd/systemd-sleep suspend

The latest system upgrade, including systemd upgrade to 240-6, did not solve the problem.

Please find logs below.
Thank you for your help.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot 4.5 Home, amd64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
USB installer, downloaded from Parrot Sec website

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
yes, Windows 10

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
The closest things I could find:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

• When trying to shutdown:

A stop job is already running for user manager for UID 1000

which hangs for 2 minutes. And then after a bunch of other logs:

Failed to start Shutdown. See ‘systemctl status shutdown.target’ for details

to which point there’s nothing to do but remove the power cable.

• When trying to suspend or hibernate:

$sudo journalctl -xeu sleep.target
Feb 26 19:50:59 parrot systemd[1]: sleep.target: Failed to set invocation ID for unit: File exists
Feb 26 19:50:59 parrot systemd[1]: Failed to start Sleep.

$sudo journalctl -xeu systemd-suspend.service
– A start job for unit systemd-suspend.service has finished with a failure.

– The job identifier is 1904 and the job result is dependency.
Feb 26 19:09:02 parrot systemd[1]: systemd-suspend.service: Job systemd-suspend.service/start failed with result ‘dependency’.
Feb 26 19:15:48 parrot systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Suspend.
– Subject: A start job for unit systemd-suspend.service has failed
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: Debian -- User Support

Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

EDIT:
The latest system upgrade, including systemd upgrade to 240-6, did not solve the problem.

UPDATE:
I reinstalled the OS, and the problem is still here: after a first sleep-wake up cycle, several features get broken, including not being able to sleep or shutdown again.
So I tried the scenario from a Live USB environment, and it turns out the problem is also present there!

Still hoping for your reply and help on this one…
Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.