Can't acces to my desktop, cannot load system tray icons

I shrinked my partition of 1TB by 80GB to test something, that’s the only thing that comes in my main that can be part of the problem, otherwise I was doing a normal usage, and that was a day ago, but haven’t turned off the pc since then.

After I log in with my username, the plasma KDE loads normally but then an error pop ups saying ‘cannot load system tray icon’ and freezes there, there’s nothing I can do, not even open the terminal, can’t click or anything

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

VERSION_ID=“5.0”
VERSION="(5.0 LTS) "
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

15.14.0-9parrot1-amd64

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

Can’t access

• Screenshots:

system tray icon is just a widget in kde, i am not sure about how it can be such an issue
but maybe if u can enter tty Ctrl+Alt+f11 and login to your user (or chroot into same with usb) and u can install mate or xfce to use the system or else reinstall kde, which will reset your Desktop Environment.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.