Can't install/use Parrot OS 3.10.1 /3.11

Ok, give me instructions for installing the “kernel of Ubuntu”.
Are you sure that this will work?, because if I do this, I will need to delete my Parrot OS VM, and I will lose all the configuration that I made, if it fails I will need to do it ALL again

purchase a 3 way usb adapter, if your trying to run 3 usb devices with just 2 ports, that never ends well lol

@palinuro I have an idea, can you create a script that installs ALL the tools included in Parrot OS?, the Katoolin script don’t work and Parrot OS has MORE tools, so if you’ll do this script notify me, or please in the topic I’ve created about my problem, send me the specific instructions for how I install Parrot OS with my external keyboard only, and installing “The Ubuntu Kernel”, or something different that you think that will solve my problem.

as palinuro says use the standard installer, theres zero interaction with a mouse needed

Please read all my previous answers in this thread, I don’t need support for the installation, I could install Parrot OS before, I need support for USING Parrot OS Installed OR in Live mode with my keyboard and touchpad

read what palinuro wrote…
Install parrot using the standard installer.
after the first boot you can install ubuntu kernel and reboot on it.

All this steps you can do it with an USB keyboard. there is no need to enter to a graphical interface.

1 Like

Yeah, I understood that, but I need complete instructions on how to do all of that (Installing Ubuntu kernel).
I am not an expert on Linux, so I need that specific instructions.

If you’ve used ubuntu, you may notice that there is an advanced menu option there. you can find the kernel version there.
or else you have to install synaptic on ubuntu and search kernal.
then check which kernal is installed on ubuntu.
then you can install parrotse as @palinuro said and you have to launch terminal by using external keyboard shortcuts Alt+T
then perform apt-get install [kernal-name version]

I hope this would help.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, soon I will try this method and if work I’ll tell ya.

It is true that intalling parror is knowledge based task and You can not use GTK intaller becuase
it is base om Linux distribution. You can use virtualization or dual booting system to work you laptop. Check this URL https://babasupport.org/hp/hp-laptop-touchpad-not-working/ for more info

I am using a HP ProBook 6565b and am having a similar problem (older refurbished laptop, no UEFI ), I can use my Touchpad in the live mode, but it will not work when trying to install Parrot ( I have tried both a USB and DVD installation media ) All my signed hashes are correct.

I am a long time user of both Debian and Ubuntu and have never encountered this problem before now. It cannot be the kernel as it works in the live mode, but not in the Graphical installation. While a longtime user of Linux, I am a pretty casual user and use the GUI exclusively. I would not try a non-graphical installation.

From running in the live mode I would really like to use the Parrot Home edition. I like and have run Debian but want to use the Mate Desktop and the Testing or Unstable environment. That leaves me Parrot, Kali, and Siduction. I would prefer Parrot, but cannot figure how to install it without my Touchpad working during installation. Any advice?

space, tab, enter :wink:
space: mark
tab: next
enter: select

Actually I came up with an idea while walking the dog. I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. The drivers should be in the installation media for that as it is Bluetooth. If that works I will find out if the Touchpad works on the installed Parrot OS. I am guessing it will as it works on the live media. The problem seems to be the installer itself. I will let everyone know how that works out.

give it a try :wink:

Using Parrot right now without a problem. The wireless bluetooth mouse did the trick during installation. Seems the problem is in the installer and probably for my HP laptops SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad. I am guessing there is no driver for it in the installer, but it is fine in the kerenel.

Maybe this can help someone else having the same problem. Beg, borrow, buy or steal wireless mouse and you can install Parrot.

1 Like