Can't make ISP Dns go away.

Briefly describe your issue below:
After I add more Domain name servers to the list already included in Parrot OS, after a boot the ISP dns returns. Can I stop him from returning?
Ideas, anyone??

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot OS 3.11 Security Amd64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian GTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no

Can you post your configuration?

My hardware is a Notebook with a 4G RAM and a 500GB harddisk

product: Compaq CQ58 Notebook PC (D3E64EA#AB9)
vendor: Hewlett-Packard
version: 0892120000304010002620100
serial: 5CB2503SC1
width: 64 bits
capabilities:
SMBIOS version 2.7,
DMI version 2.7,
Symmetric Multi-Processing,
32-bit processes
configuration:
boot: normal
chassis: notebook
family: 103C_5335KV G=N L=CON B=CO S=PRE
sku: D3E64EA#AB9
uuid: 491C4BBE-E795-2E88-73EA-6C3BE5F6A659

the hardware has nothing to do with that, @mootiny meant your system configuration (eg:dns file)

1 Like

Hello,

B. I think he was talking about the /etc/resolv.conf

But for your problem, I think your problem is because the /etc/resolv.conf is rewrite by the dhcp service.

Wait for a clearly explanation, i’m not quite sure of my answer.

Cordialy.

@JustCoffee is right, it wont keep your saves afterward using your method
did you try with terminal or using the panel in ‘system/administration/network’ ?

if you want to try the following, i recommend you do in virtual machine or live boot to not mess your actual configuration

if you use dhcp, add to ‘/etc/network/interfaces’ dns-nameservers "the ip"
if you want to override the dhcp nameserver, in ‘/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf’ edit the line starting with supersede to match the ip, and uncomment the line if necessary. then in console sudo systemctl restart network-manager

thank you all, but after the atempts with yous sugestions, still the problem remains… :frowning_face: