Cant switch users

Briefly describe your issue below:
I cant switch users anymore. When is start parrot and the login screen comes up it directly shows me my home user but no option to change users at all.
Even when i log into my home user and then select “switch users” it again only shows me the home user i just logged of from without any option to change or switch to another account like root.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
Im running Linux parrot 5.5.0-1parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP Parrot 5.5.17-1parrot1 (2020-04-25) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standart
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Yes, Windows
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

please check /home/user/.xsession-errors for errors or paste the complete log here, if its very long then use Pastebin.

Try to change ownership of the user’s directory
sudo chown otheruser:otheruser /home/otheruser

Replace other user with your username.

yeah its quite long ^^
https://pastebin.com/fxy2tZnh

I’m Sorry, I searched on my sources but could not find any solution :slightly_frowning_face: Maybe someone else could Help you.

**you can *TRY what @mrw01f has wrote up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.