COMRESET FAILED, ERROR-32

– Please Write here your help request, –
I am using a 5 year old Dell laptop for parrot, and this is not my first time of using parrot. I first used parrot in 2020 on this laptop, its was working fine. After 2-3 months I had to change my HDD and installed a SSD. After that I am constantly getting ERROR-32 COMRESET FAILED, during boot up. Sometimes it boots into system otherwise i have to try multiple force shutdowns then it will boot. Now the problem is not only with parrot but with all OS, all distros of Linux and even with windows. I sent my laptop to repair shops (4 shops) but no hardware issue found. The SSD is fine, motherboard fine, SATA cable is fine, RAM is working perfectly. After returning from the shop i again installed parrot, for 3 days it works fine , but agin the same issue from 4th day. Please help me to fix it. Currently i am using only parrot sec on this pc. I am not a pro in linux . please guide me to found the issue.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Parrot
    Description: Parrot OS 4.11
    Release: 4.11
    Codename: n/a

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):
    5.10.0-6parrot1-amd64

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

• Screenshots:

Hi Rishi,

Most of the Google results I see for this error involve unplugging the sata port, possibly cleaning it and the cable, and replugging it back in again. Sometimes it’s a failing hard drive or it’s logic board. As you mention, this is not a problem with Parrot Linux itself, so it is a hardware issue which is often difficult to solve.

What do you get when you run the following?

lsscsi --verbose

I imagine you have already checked the drive using fsick.

Can you try using the drive in a different laptop, or use an adapter to access it via a different PC?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.