Display resolution

Hello all
Currently having an issue with the ability to change my resolution, it’s at a low resolution but it won’t detect my monitor. I’ve tried to use xrandr but I get the xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default error and the one fix I was able to find on the forums didn’t fix it, which suggested to edit the grub file with Pluma, however the grub file was already at the suggested change. Any help or suggestions would be helpful, thank you.

Using Linux parrot 6.1.0-1parrot1-amd64

Was the resolution low right after installing Parrot or did it break later? What video card do you have? When I had problems with screen resolution, I installed the official drivers using this instruction.

Thanks for the reply! The resolution broke right after the first successful apt update after install. Currently running a RTX 3080. I had trouble with getting the proper updated Nvidia drivers, it would only bring the drivers up to v510 and it was after this that the resolution broke. I had to manually edit the sources file to accept an additional argument to allow apt to update the drivers to v525, which I’m now on but still can’t seem to change resolution.

Welcome to the forums
This article may help, change definition using Xrandr

Thank you for linking the article. I followed a similar article when this started occurring but xrandr won’t let me change anything as it always returns with: ‘xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default’

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.