Error: Failed to start PostgreSql cluster 12-main on boot up

I freshly installed Parrot Secure. Everything worked fine until after i did a upgrade (update) . Apparently, the update installed PostgreSQL on my machine. After the successful upgrade of software, i rebooted 'cause i noticed i can’t open Control Center nor use any of the functions in the System sector, so i thought maybe it’s something after the update that made it dizzy so i went for reboot. It failed the reboot and threw me the error that i described in the title of topic. I tried solution from this thread: https://community.parrotsec.org/t/failed-to-start-postgresql-cluster-12-main-virtual-box/17698.

This command didn’t work for me at all:

/usr/lib/postgresql/13/bin/pg_ctl restart -D /var/lib/postgresql/13/main

Note: i used 12 in these commands instead of 13, because version 13 doesn’t exist on my machine.

Error said i need to check the server status, the thing is i don’t know how to configure this. So i just removed PostgreSQL from my system so i could continue using it, until i find the solution. It boots okay now. I searched everywhere but couldn’t find many related problems. I maybe used Ubuntu for 2 months before this and that’s all experience i have with Linux, so i am pretty shorthanded in stuff related to this. Would appreciate any help.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.